3 Year Old Classes
4 Year Old Classes
When do I sign my child up?
DRPNS starts signing children up in September, the year before they will attend (that is, we started signing children up for the 2021-2022 school year in September 2021). Our director will mail you a form which must be returned to hold your spot in the desired class. If a class is full, we do keep a waiting list and will immediately notify you if a spot should become available.
Please call our Director, Christy Phillips with any questions you may have, at 215-249-9497. We do check our messages periodically during the summer, so please do not hesitate to leave a message.
We appreciate your interest in our program and we look forward to meeting you and your child!
Parents Night Out
schedule a visit with us!
Have a Question?
Please feel free to contact us with any further questions.
- Our morning sessions run from 9am – 11:30 am
- Our afternoon sessions run from 12:15 pm – 2:45 pm
- Our 3 year old classes consist of 14 students, a teacher and a classroom aid. There is an extra aid that ‘floats’ between the two classrooms.
- Our 4 year old classes consist of 16 students, a teacher and an aid
- Our 4+ class is compromised of 14 students, a teacher and an aid
We seek to provide your child with a complete nursery school experience. Over the two (or three) years your child is with us, we take them through a progression of skills, develop a love for school and learning, and provide them with a variety of enriching experiences all in a fun, warm, nurturing and structured environment.
The primary focus of the three year old curriculum is the social development of the child. We work on the following:
- the ability of the child to seperate from his or her parents
- learning to be part of a group
- learning to interact with teachers and peers
- the ability to follow classroom rules and routines
- we also introduce the child to Kindergarten readiness skills such as
- colors and shapes
- learning to use scissors and art supplies
- counting and number recognition
- small and large motor skill development
- listening skills
- the ability to follow directions
- developing language skills
- recognition the letters of the alphabet
- recognizing and beginning to write their name
- science and social studies concepts
- an appreciation for reading
These skills are woven into playful, musical, art and literature-rich curriculum, based on seasonal, holiday, science and social studies themes.
The four year old program builds on the above skills, developing them to a greater degree. Like the three year old program, this program is theme based. Our focus for four year old program is to prepare our students make a happy and easy transition to kindergarten. In our four year old program, our students will:
- continue to develop their social skills in learning to work cooperatively in a classroom situation
- continue to work on following more complex directions, working more independently
- further develop their listening and language skills
- develop a deeper understanding of mathematical concepts (such as shapes, size, patterning, recognition and writing of numbers, counting, measurements)
- continuing to work on both visual and sound recognition of the letters of the alphabet, beginning to learn to write them
- further development of early science and social studies concepts
- further development of small and large motor skills
The 4+ class also builds on all of the above skills, but our curriculum is based on a “Letter of the Week” approach. Our weekly letter is thoroughly explored, as the basis of many different kinds of activities. We move at a faster pace than the 4 year old class, as far as the presentation of concepts. We do include science, social studies, art, and literature-based activities.
- Lunch Bunch
- Parents Night Out – We schedule 4 Friday Nights through-out the school year so the parents can have a night out knowing that their children are being well taken care of and having fun.
- Summer Camp
- Each class enjoys a separate music class every week. Our music teacher provides an exciting array of musical and movement experiences.
- Field Trips related to what we are learning about.
- Guest visitors will come to school – including firefighters, policemen, dentists, nurses, librarians, Irish dancers, bus drivers and others.
- Parties!!! We have two major family parties – a Halloween and Christmas party filled with puppet shows, music, refreshments and even a special visitor at Christmas!
- We end the school year with a fun-filled ‘magical’ family picnic
Local trips vary according to the age groups. All classes
will go on different trips.
- The 3 year old classes visit a local farm in the Spring.
- The 4 year old classes go on a variety of trips– The Mercer Log Cabin, Peace Valley Park, the Scarecrows at Peddler’s Village, a dentist’s office, just to name a few.
- The 4+ classes on a “Look and Listen” walk at Peace Valley Park, pumpkin patch, visit the Michener Art Museum, a local supermarket, and many others.